Friday, July 15, 2011

new Skrillex Remix: Benny Benassi's "Cinema"



I have to give special thanks today to Jason Bentley of KCRW, who consistently provides excellent background music during my commutes to the office. This morning he followed up Bjork's stunning new release "Crystalline" (I think we can all agree it's stunning) with the little number I've posted below for your listening pleasure.

I literally

turned off my car's engine

reclined my seat

and blared the bass.

It was awkward

because I was outside

of Starbucks.



This track kept me a full three minutes from my first coffee of the day. I can honestly say that I don't think anything else, musical or otherwise, has inspired such a pause before.

Now that's not to say this is hands-down the new fucking awesome, but little by little I am changing my attitude towards dubstep. (Probably because it is the only genre that has been producing good music this year with any consistency.) I give full credit for this track's ferocity to Skrillex, although to be fair (or blunt, or whatever) I haven't been able to give Benny Benassi credit for anything in awhile. The full cut (this is the radio edit) isn't nearly as concise. Doesn't pack the same punch. If you don't believe me you can find the full version on the interwebs. But I don't know why you wouldn't believe me. I'm totally reputable.

So now I invite you to turn up the bass and let this track keep you from whatever menial task you thought was important. Cheers!

No comments: